As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.All news
- Donald Trump 'paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017' - NY Times »
- Michael Gove: Brexit provisions to stay in Internal Market Bill »
- Asda: UK billionaire brothers edge ahead in race to buy supermarket »
- Fashion brands design 'waist-up' clothing for video calls »
- US squeezes China's biggest chip-maker SMIC »