HMRC has set up specialist tax investigation teams to concentrate on recovering unpaid tax from particular business sectors or as a result
of tax fraud.
The latest HMRC taskforce teams are looking at:
– fraudulent VAT repayments in the West Midlands and Nottingham areas; and
– property tax evasion in South West England and South Wales.
The property task force is using data gathered about property transactions by the Valuation Office in order to target taxpayers who may have sold properties but not declared a capital gain on their tax returns. The same data set will be analysed for possible non-declaration
of rental income.
- Company Taxation Manual »
- CTM47505 - Investment trusts: interest distributions: introduction »
- IHTM42087 - Ten year anniversary: Tax calculation: the rate of tax: step 3: calculating the initial rate of tax »
- CTM47400 - Investment trusts: transfers of assets: contents »
- Pension schemes refund or reallocation request »
- Manchester United financial statement shows £70m loss during coronavirus pandemic »
- UK borrowing jumps in September as Covid support continues »
- UK inflation rises after Eat Out to Help Out ends »
- Trump maintains bank account in China, says NY Times »
- Cathay Pacific axes regional carrier and 8,500 jobs »