HMRC has set up specialist tax investigation teams to concentrate on recovering unpaid tax from particular business sectors or as a result
of tax fraud.
The latest HMRC taskforce teams are looking at:
– fraudulent VAT repayments in the West Midlands and Nottingham areas; and
– property tax evasion in South West England and South Wales.
The property task force is using data gathered about property transactions by the Valuation Office in order to target taxpayers who may have sold properties but not declared a capital gain on their tax returns. The same data set will be analysed for possible non-declaration
of rental income.
- Community amateur sports clubs (CASCs) registered with HMRC »
- Compliance Handbook »
- CH57200 - Assessing Time Limits: Table of time limits for relevant taxes: Excise duty »
- CH57100 - Assessing Time Limits: Tables of time limits for relevant taxes: Petroleum Revenue Tax »
- CH57000 - Assessing Time Limits: Tables of time limits for relevant taxes: Stamp Duty Reserve Tax »
- Virgin Trains: Final service departs as UK's longest-running rail franchise ends »
- Seychelles: The island nation with a novel way to tackle climate change »
- Trade disputes settlement system facing crisis »
- HMV faces the music in Christmas crunch test »
- Pensioner in £193,000 inheritance battle after sort code error »