HMRC has set up specialist tax investigation teams to concentrate on recovering unpaid tax from particular business sectors or as a result
of tax fraud.
The latest HMRC taskforce teams are looking at:
– fraudulent VAT repayments in the West Midlands and Nottingham areas; and
– property tax evasion in South West England and South Wales.
The property task force is using data gathered about property transactions by the Valuation Office in order to target taxpayers who may have sold properties but not declared a capital gain on their tax returns. The same data set will be analysed for possible non-declaration
of rental income.
- Check if you can get Tax-Free Childcare and 30 hours free childcare during coronavirus (COVID-19) »
- Genuine HMRC contact and recognising phishing emails and texts »
- Claiming capital allowances for structures and buildings »
- Compliance Operational Guidance »
- Biofuels and other fuel substitutes (Excise Notice 179e) »