A new government backed loan scheme was launched 6 April 2021.
A recent news story confirming the details is reproduced below:
The scheme, which was announced at budget and runs until 31 December 2021, will be administered by the British Business Bank, with loans available through a diverse network of accredited commercial lenders.
26 lenders have already been accredited for day one of the scheme, with more to come shortly, and the government will provide an 80% guarantee for all loans. Interest rates have been capped at 14.99% and are expected to be much lower than that in the vast majority of cases, and Ministers are urging lenders to ensure they keep rates down to help protect jobs. The Recovery Loan Scheme can be used as an additional loan on top of support received from the emergency schemes – such as the Bounce Back Loan Scheme and Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – put into place last year.
The Recovery Loan Scheme will ensure businesses continue to benefit from Government-guaranteed finance throughout 2021.
With non-essential retail and outdoor hospitality reopening this week, Ministers intend that new support is still available to businesses to protect jobs. From 6 April 2021, businesses – ranging from coffee shops and restaurants to hairdressers and gyms – can access loans varying in size from £25,000, up to a maximum of £10 million. Invoice and asset finance is available from £1,000.
Businesses who are tempted to secure lending under this scheme should ensure that future trading will generate sufficient funds to cover interest charges and provide cash flow to repay the amount borrowed.
Please call if you would like our help to consider your options.All news
- NIM33430 - Special Cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: national insurance contributions for employees coming from abroad »
- NIM33425 - special cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: national insurance contributions for employees going abroad »
- NIM33420 - Special cases: international: people going to or coming from abroad - RA: special cases »
- NIM33415 - special cases: international -going to and coming from abroad: RA: self-employed »
- NIM33410 - Special Cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: postings from a third country »
- No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss »
- Covid: A tenth of Britain's restaurants lost during pandemic »
- Santander banking services working again after day of technical problems »
- Last Debenhams stores close their doors »
- Debenhams: 'It's only fixtures and fittings, we'll still be friends' »