Next week, many of the present lockdown regulations in England are being relaxed. But cautionary guidance has also been published. It recommends:
- Meeting in well-ventilated areas where possible, such as outdoors or indoors with windows open.
- Wearing a face covering where you meet people you do not normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces.
- Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day.
- Covering your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze.
- Staying at home if unwell, to reduce the risk of passing on other illnesses onto friends, family, colleagues, and others in your community.
- Considering individual risks, such as clinical vulnerabilities and vaccination status.
If anything has been learned in the last eighteen months, it is to expect the unexpected. Fingers crossed that the proposed relaxations in social distancing will not mean an unwelcome and unmanageable rise in hospital admissions.
Businesses in the hospitality and entertainment sectors will be holding their breath. Firstly, will government follow through with the stage 4 relaxations to COVID regulations on the 19th, and secondly, how long will they last?
Of course, there is no way of knowing. Which makes long-term planning difficult, but all business owners should keep a weather eye on the statistics on the coming months.
We recommend adopting a flexible planning process. Rather than fixing your financial plans, review and revive them on a regular basis. Key events that could impact your plans in the coming months could include:
- Continuing COVID uncertainties,
- Bank interest rate rises,
- Continuing supply issues as we become adjusted to the EU withdrawal.
If you need help creating or revising your financial plans, please call, we can help.All news
- COG907640 - Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: status: establishing the employer’s/contractor’s behaviour »
- COG907570 - Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: status: providing an opinion »
- COG907530 - Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: status: role of the caseworker »
- COG907510 - Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: status: background to determining status »
- COG930640 - Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: working rule agreements (WRA): periodic visits home »