If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.All news
- NIM33430 - Special Cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: national insurance contributions for employees coming from abroad »
- NIM33425 - special cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: national insurance contributions for employees going abroad »
- NIM33420 - Special cases: international: people going to or coming from abroad - RA: special cases »
- NIM33415 - special cases: international -going to and coming from abroad: RA: self-employed »
- NIM33410 - Special Cases: international - people going to or coming from abroad - RA: postings from a third country »
- No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss »
- Covid: A tenth of Britain's restaurants lost during pandemic »
- Santander banking services working again after day of technical problems »
- Last Debenhams stores close their doors »
- Debenhams: 'It's only fixtures and fittings, we'll still be friends' »