If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.All news
- Agent Update: Brexit special »
- Self Assessment: service availability and issues »
- IHTM15050 - The extent of the share (Scotland): special destinations and proof of donation »
- IHTM14900 - Lifetime transfers: investigation issues: donatio mortis causa (DMC) »
- IHTM12222 - Succession: Scottish Prior and Legal rights: Legal rights: Inheritance Tax practice on death »